To help you find your lost items or an owner of a found item, we compile the lists below for items listed as missing by cottagers and items found around the lake.
To post an item please email the description and contact info (name, email and or phone number) to: email@example.com.
Please be sure to notify us if your item has been recovered so that we can remove it from the list.
- Lost expensive KAYAK PADDLE on the Hollow River just below the Falls.
Paddle could end up in Lake of Bays near Dorset. Lost on Sunday April 30/ 2017. Son is training for a competition in kayak water polo and needs this special design paddle. Description: Yellow Blades, Black Shaft, 194cm, Make is “H2O, “Team” model, Carbon – Bent Shaft, 0 deg. angle offset. If found, or it has been seen please contact: Colin Austin, 705-571-1711 cel, or 705-787-0312 Award Available if found and returned (posted May 1, 2017)
- LARGE PONTOON from our floating dock (20 feet). I think the ice took it away! We are at the end of Elder Drive – 1169 Elder Drive (it is the point closest to Haystack Island at the mouth of Haystack Bay). Number is 905-467-2019 – Nancy and John Bowen. (posted May 1, 2017)
- PADDLEBOAT – Our beloved red paddleboat floated away from our cottage on Norway Point in late July after a bad thunderstorm, and we have been searching for it ever since. It is relatively new (4 yrs old) and has a red top and a white hull. If you have any information that might help us find it, please contact:Michelle Carruthers, 416-578-8219 firstname.lastname@example.org (posted 9 Oct ’16)
- Floating DOCK, large approx 10×16 with white bumper rail and a white swim ladder. Only a year old. Missing from the South end of Dwight Bay across the lake from Britannia Bay. Please contact Dave@graysonmatthews.com or 647-221-9990 (posted 4 Sept ’16)
- Deck Chair – wooden sling chair, 17 August. The fabric is red with thin yellow and black stripes. Earlier three chairs recovered were found on the east shore of the Lake between the entry to Dwight Bay and Point Ideal. If found please contact Frank Richmond at 705.635.3253 or email@example.com (posted 18 August ’16)
- Boat Fender – white, Taylor Made, 8″ x 20″ with a black rope and a metal piece that allows it to be attached to the boat. The rope and metal piece both have a ‘C’ insignia on them (for Cobalt). This was lost somewhere between Price Point and the top of Britannia Bay. Please contact Sue Heath at firstname.lastname@example.org. [posted 15 July ’16]
- OWNER HAS BEEN LOCATED. There is a DOCK with a slide and diving board on the beach at Langmaid’s Island. [posted May 8, 2017]
- Chris Craft Boat Cushion, beige, rectangular with circular cut out. Found between portage and rat bay July 14. Contact: email@example.com. [posted 15 July ’16]
- Paddleboat, “OnTour” Two Passenger – red top, white bottom, off the shore on the southeast corner of Bigwin (the point closest to Glenmount), and tied it up to the dock closest to the point. Contact Andy Montgomery 705-635-3496 if you have lost a paddleboat in the area. [posted 11 July ’16]
- Wood top and two metal legs – Found after ice left. About 3′ by 8′. North part of lake half way between South Portage and Dwight opposite island in narrower area. By boat straight north of Point Ideal lining up with the tall “pine tree” cell tower. Pulled up on small rock point just west of single dry boathouse. [posted 8 July ’16]
- Floating Dock – found floating top decking of dock, in good shape 10 x 4 approx. on Saturday morning June 18th in front of cottage on Glenmount Road. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim. [posted 19 June ’16]