The Association was formed in 1927. Original concerns of the Association were:
- Water levels, (levels were raised when the dam was installed at Baysville)
- Fire protection, (there were no trained volunteer fire fighters in those days)
- Navigation, (no buoys or markers on the lake)
- Preservation of clean water, (people could drink untreated water from the lake then)
- Scenic beauty, (we still love it)
Many of these issues are with us today but the list of our activities now is far longer.
So read on…
As the number of lots increased around the Lake, membership quickly grew from less than 100 families in the early 1950’s to over 1500 in the 1990’s. LOBA is now one of the largest associations in Ontario representing the interests of cottage and area residents. The original objectives and concerns remain, but now include “to promote, maintain and enhance a clean, healthy and natural environment, a well-serviced community and a safe, peaceful Lake of Bays” for today and the future.
Membership is open to all permanent and seasonal residents of Lake of Bays and the surrounding area.